Club Manager: Michael Gosnell, 925-949-9630, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bridge Room: 925-988-7795 For last minute cancellations!
Rossmoor Duplicate Bridge Club is a private bridge club in the Rossmoor community. There are 6 games each week plus several unit games on Sundays. As noted below, most games are for members only or members and invited guests. However, the Thursday evening game, all unit games, and all STaC games are open to all bridge players.
- Monday 12:30pm Open & 299er games – limited to Rossmoor members
- Tuesday 12:30pm Open & 199er games – members may invite non-members to play
- Wednesday 9:30am Open game -members may invite non-members to play
- Thursday 7:00pm Open game – non-members can play, open to all bridge players
- Friday 9:00am 0-49 MPs – members may invite non-members to play
- Saturday 12:30pm Open game -members may invite non-members to play
- Sunday Unit Games 1:00pm Open & 299er games – non-members can play, open to all bridge players
GAME RESULTS are here!
TABLE RESERVATIONS/PARNERSHIPS AVAILABLE – click here for details
- Mon-Sat March 20-25 Club Championship Week
- Wed March 22 - IMP Game, 9:30am
- Saturday, March 25 – Swiss Teams, 12:30pm
- Sunday, March 26 – Unit Game, 1:00pm (lunch at noon)
- Thursday April 20 Unit Game, 7 pm, Open
- Friday April 21 No Game-Flea Market
- Saturday April 22 No Game-Flea Market
TWO DUPLICATE BRIDGE CLASSES OFFEREDThe Rossmoor Duplicate Bridge Club (RDBC) is offering two classes to players.Bridge Basics Two is designed for students who have taken Bridge Basics One. The focus will be on competitive bidding and the use of conventions. The instructors will be Pat Taylor and Kathleen Young. Classes will be held on Mondays for eight weeks starting April 17, from 9 to 11 a.m. in the Oak Room at Gateway. The text will be “Bridge Basics Two, Competitive Bidding,” by Audrey Grant and will be available from the instructor for $12.The Double is one of the most important bids in bridge. In this class you will learn about takeout, negative, responsive, support, lead directing, penalty doubles and more. The class will be held on Tuesdays for eight weeks starting April 18, from 9 to 11 a.m. in the Oak Room at Gateway. Michael Gosnell will be the instructor. The text will be “Improving Your Judgment 2: Doubles” by Audrey Grant, which can be purchased for $12 from instructor or separately, and will be supplemented by handouts. Each class will be a mix of instruction and play to practice subjects taught.The cost for each class is $40 for RDBC members with an additional $10 fee for membership for nonmember residents. The nonresident cost is $80. Checks should be payable to the Rossmoor Duplicate Bridge Club. To enroll in either class call Barbara V. Smith at 256-4430. Members of the RDBC have first priority for enrollment.