Please contact teachers directly for exact times, dates, and subjects.
- Orinda Classes by Carol Griffin – Rusty Bridge begins on Thursday, September 1 from 6:30-8:30. Bridge Basics 1 begins on Monday, September 12 from 6:30-8:30. Check it out on the Orinda Recreation website – Select Adult, then Bridge) – get a list of upcoming classes! Carol’s website is https://carolgriffinsbridge.
- Lafayette Classes by Carol Griffin – Defense – Heart Series Part 1 begins Monday, September 12, 1:00-3:00pm. Rusty Bridge begins on Monday, September 12 from 3:15-5:15. Check out classes on the Lafayette Recreation guide, page 24. Carol’s website is https://carolgriffinsbridge.
- CCBC Classes – Classes for all levels. Contra Costa Bridge Center presents an evening course on popular conventions beginning Wednesday, October 12, at Rossmoor Walnut Creek from 7:00-9:00
- New Classes on Competitive Bidding – Audrey Grant’s Competitive Bidding series starting September 27 at 2:30 on Tuesdays. The last class is 11/22.
Taught by Trisha O’Connor, the course covers Preempts, Overcalls, Takeout Doubles, Negative Doubles and Penalty doubles and how to respond to your partner after one of those calls.The cost for the class is $100 for 8 lessons, or $15 per lesson. Audrey Grant’s Competitive Bidding book is $12 extra.If you are interested or have questions, you may contact Trisha at email@example.com or by phone at 925-457-9995.
Walnut Creek Civic Park Community Center/in conjunction with CCBC – Classes taught by Grant Robinson. Thursday mornings 10-12am. Club (Bidding – Beginning Class) starts Sept 29. Register with the City of Walnut Creek at 943-5852.
Details on the CCBC classes page.
- Rossmoor Classes – New classes – CLASS FOR DUPLICATE PLAYERS The Rossmoor Duplicate Bridge Club is offering a Principles of Winning Bridge class. The class is for duplicate players only and is appropriate for players who have between 75 and 350 masterpoints. Common mistakes many players make in both bidding and defense will be addressed. Intermediate type conventions such as New Minor Forcing, Michaels, DONT and Ogust will be discussed. Basic bidding sequences will be reviewed and refined. The class will be taught by Marvin Suchman and will be limited to twenty-eight people. It will be held on Tuesdays beginning September 13 and continuing for six weeks. Classes will be held in the Oak Room at the Gateway Center from 9:30am. to 11:30am. To enroll please call Barbara V. Smith at 256-4430. The cost is $40 for RDBC members, $50 for non member Rossmoor residents (including $10 for membership) and $80 for non residents.
- BRIDGE BASICS 3 CLASS OFFERED The Rossmoor Duplicate Bridge Club is offering a class in Bridge Basics 3, Popular Conventions. There will be a review of Bridge Basics 1 and 2. Areas covered will be the Stayman convention, Jacoby transfer bids, strong opening bids and slam bidding. The class is appropriate for beginning duplicate bridge players who have knowledge of the game or have taken BB1 and BB2 classes. The instructors will be Pat Taylor and Kathleen Young. Classes start on Monday, September 26, and run for eight weeks. The class will be held from 9:30am. to 11:30am. It will be held in the Oak Room at the Gateway Center. The book used will be Bridge Basics 3 by Audrey Grant. It will be available from the instructors for $12. To enroll please call Barbara V. Smith at 256-4430. The cost is $40 for RDBC members, $50 for non member Rossmoor Residents (including $10 for membership) and $80 for non residents.
- Moraga Classes by Jerry Chamberlain and Winnie Jasper – New classes start Monday, January 18 (Bidding, Conventions, Play of the Hand) and there is Supervised Play on Tuesdays. Click here for all the info!
- Free Youth Bridge Class for 10-25 year olds. It is held at CCBC on Tuesday evenings. If you or anyone you know is interested, call Bruce at 925-766-7586.