Please contact teachers directly for exact times, dates, and subjects.
- Orinda Classes by Carol Griffin – Rusty Bridge II begins on Thursday, March 9 from 1:00-3:00. Conventions 1 begins on Thursday, March 9 from 3:15-5:15. Diamond Series – Plus begins on Thursday, March 9 from 6:30-8:30. Check it out on the Orinda Recreation website – Select Adult, then Bridge) – get a list of upcoming classes! Carol’s website is https://carolgriffinsbridge.
- Lafayette Classes by Carol Griffin – Bridge Conventions begins Monday, May 1, 1:00-3:00pm. Defensive Signals begins on Monday, May 1 from 3:15-5:15. Check out classes on the Lafayette Recreation guide, page 26. Carol’s website is https://carolgriffinsbridge.
- CCBC Classes – Classes for all levels.
Walnut Creek Civic Park Community Center/in conjunction with CCBC – Beginning Bridge – will start at the Civic Park Community Center in Walnut Creek on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 10:00am. Trisha O’Connor will teach this class, which lasts for 8 weeks. For more information on these classes, click on the link below.
Defense – The class takes place on Thursday mornings, 10:00 to noon, at Civic Park Community Center in Walnut Creek. The class starts March 30 and runs through June 2 (9 classes). The cost is $93. Accompanying, optional textbook, Defense in the 21st Century, will be available for purchase at the first class.
- Details on the CCBC classes page.
- Rossmoor Classes –
Bridge Basics Two is designed for students who have taken Bridge Basics One. The focus will be on competitive bidding and the use of conventions. The instructors will be Pat Taylor and Kathleen Young. Classes will be held on Mondays for eight weeks starting April 17, from 9 to 11 a.m. in the Oak Room at Gateway. The text will be “Bridge Basics Two, Competitive Bidding,” by Audrey Grant and will be available from the instructor for $12.The Double is one of the most important bids in bridge. In this class you will learn about takeout, negative, responsive, support, lead directing, penalty doubles and more. The class will be held on Tuesdays for eight weeks starting April 18, from 9 to 11 a.m. in the Oak Room at Gateway. Michael Gosnell will be the instructor. The text will be “Improving Your Judgment 2: Doubles” by Audrey Grant, which can be purchased for $12 from instructor or separately, and will be supplemented by handouts. Each class will be a mix of instruction and play to practice subjects taught.The cost for each class is $40 for RDBC members with an additional $10 fee for membership for nonmember residents. The nonresident cost is $80. Checks should be payable to the Rossmoor Duplicate Bridge Club. To enroll in either class call Barbara V. Smith at 256-4430. Members of the RDBC have first priority for enrollment.
- Moraga Classes by Jerry Chamberlain and Winnie Jasper – New classes start Monday, January 18 (Bidding, Conventions, Play of the Hand) and there is Supervised Play on Tuesdays. Click here for all the info!
- Free Youth Bridge Class for 10-25 year olds. It is held at CCBC on Tuesday evenings. If you or anyone you know is interested, call Bruce at 925-766-7586.